The former forester's house was set up as a visitors centre by nature association Limburgs Landschap vzw.
There is a large car park opposite the white castle.
Are you coming by bicycle?
Hengelhoef is between bicycle intersections 74 and 75.
Here you will be able to enjoy nature and a good honest drink and you will be able to experience former life on the moors.
- Connect up with one of the mapped out walking routes and discover the moorland and nature areas in the vicinity
- Take part in one of the 'nature fun' activities.
- Visit the apiary with interactive exhibition on the life of the bee
- Join in and learn in the ecological allotments
- Enjoy the small livestock and green play area
- Visit the moors exhibition and moors garden
- Take the 'Rainbow Path', a sensory walk with active assignments for all the family
- Discover the amazing moorland and garden insects with turfhut.